2011 HOMEOWNERS EXEMPTION INFORMATION
Kootenai County Assessor’s Office
451 Government Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID
WHAT IS THE HOMEOWNER’S EXEMPTION?
The Homeowners Exemption is an exemption provided by state law that saves the property owner money on their property taxes. This happens because the exemption deducts 1/2 of the assessed value of the buildings & the one acre home site, up to a maximum of
$92,040 or 50%, whichever is less.
This rate may be adjusted annually.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY?
- A valid Idaho drivers license (if you drive)
- Vehicle is licensed in Idaho (if you own a vehicle)
- If the property is in a trust, bring the entire trust with you
- Registered Idaho voter (if you vote)
- If you file income tax; at the appropriate time the property owner
- Would file a full year Idaho resident income tax return
- You reside in Idaho for a majority of the year
WHEN DO I FILE?
- On new construction the owner must apply within thirty (30) days of purchase.
- On existing homes the deadline for applying is April 15th of the year that you occupied the home.
WHERE DO I FILE?
The Homeowners Exemption Applications are available, and must be filed in the Assessor’s Office. The Assessor’s Office is located at 451 Government Way on the main floor of the Administration building, next to the information desk.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE ~
Call the Assessor’s Office at (208) 446-1513
Thank you, Pioneer Title Company for this timely information!